Wednesday, April 21, 2010

{{Welcome}}

OK, that's it! I just set up my very first blog :) Getting familiar with the environment and stuff...

As for the first post I would like to introduce myself and tell a few words why am I here.

Me:
My name is Gabor Meszaros researcher and sometimes lecturer at University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria, also known as BOKU. My field is quantitative genetics and software development with the main objective to improve the Survival Kit - a software package used for survival analysis.

On the Net I use the name "Gbaor" which is (as you might have guessed) a misspelling of my first name. I am (sometimes more, sometimes less) active on Wikiversity under the same name - Gbaor.

About this blog:
Well... I would like to drop in here sometimes and write about the stuff that interests me. This could be nearly anything, but to narrow down the things a little bit: most probably there will be topics around web 2.0, education, learning and research. I am also interested in animal breeding in general and animal breeding in developing countries in particular.

... and I am curious how this blog will evolve.

p.s. In case anybody reads this, leave a comment for a beginner blogger to boost his confidence ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment