Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Next blog, next feed

I am new in the Blogosphere. As a newbie I went on, and tried to experiment with the "Next blog" button on the top. What I kept getting were various family blogs about babies, babies and even more babies. At some point the cats came in...

After some Google exercise I found out that I am not the only one with this problem. This is a little disappointment for me, since I expected to go to a random blog, as also mentioned in one of the linked posts. Well, well...

By coincidence I was also browsing through my feed reader (the one from Google), when I found an even better feature :)  The "More like this..." button.
This picks up pages (blogs?) in the similar topic you are already subscribed to. Pretty useful!


This way I can expand my collection in an exponential rate in the matter of minutes! This is a good possibility, but I will most probably take the relaxed approach. I just don't want to end up with 150 other subscriptions I won't open any more. Most probably I will pick the best of the best :)

Good suggestions from anybody are more than welcomed though!

p.s. If you are wondering what a feed is, check out this blog post from Leigh Blackall.

No comments:

Post a Comment