Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Going Mobile

A short post to mark the day I entered to mobile internet "community". Today my Android phone finally arrived so I played with it a bit.

First impression was only confusion what to press to get where I want. I know it should be easy, and "everything at your fingertips" stuff, but still it took some time to get somewhat familiar with it. I guess the feeling was similar when my parents generation is confronted with computers for the first time. Ok, maybe not that bad...

I synchronized the phone with my Google account and tried to send a mail. It was ok, except I unintentionally saved the draft like 5 times... But if worked out at the end...

My biggest challenge to data was/is a trivial thing of inserting phone numbers for the contacts.
To clarify: To my great surprise all my Gmail contacts are in my phone (most of them only email), but I could not find a way to include an additional mobile number via my phone without having to re-create that contact. So what I did is that I updated the contact info in Gmail online and voila' now I have "call mobile" in my phone as well. A bit crazy to deal with these things via servers located who-knows-where, but oh well... happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment