Sunday, March 13, 2011

Animal Breeding and Genetics Hub

After a some time I am here again to write a few lines.

I was busy recently to set up the Animal Breeding and Genetics Hub website together with Gregor Gorjanc. This was in fact the direct consequence of my previous post where I outlined the idea. The blog post went straitly to Facebook with an additional message/question if somebody is interested in this. Gregor was answering quite quickly, so we started to build the project right there.

The site was officially announced via AGDG and DAD-Net mailing lists with the announcement text, as shown here. This triggered almost immediate response. People started to show up in surprisingly big numbers. I really did not expected something like that. I could not do anything else just stare to the map showing the incoming connections. The feedback was very positive as well. It was a great feeling!

The first picture shows the incoming connections on 3rd March 2011 at 11.07, just 8 minutes after the initial post appeared on the AGDG mailing list (The entire traffic is through AGDG, as the message on DAD-Net appeared just early afternoon.) The picture below shows the current status, as of 13th March 2011. 

3 comments:

  1. I thought your name is 'Gabor' not 'Gbaor' and there was quite a few spelling mistakes such as for 'their', 'than' ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back. I am reading your blog regularly. Your post seems to be informative. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Website...
    Hey JOIN now fblikesbot.com and Increase Facebook Likes your profile and websites.
    Increase Facebook Likes and check your website worth worth my websites
    its may be very beneficial for you also really

    ReplyDelete